HPX-PT™ Pre-Torqued Holder
HPX-PT™ Pre-Torqued Holders incorporate high strength steel socket head cap screws to ensure accurate loading and sealing of the HPX® Rupture Disc (bursting disc). The HPX-PT™ Holder allows the disc to be correctly fitted in the workshop using precise recommended torque levels, prior to installation of the complete assembly between the flanges in the process system relief stream.
• Process equipment having glass or fluoropolymer lined flanges that cannot provide the compression required to seal the rupture disc in the holder
• Installations where the piping arrangement restricts access preventing correct torque loading of the flange fasteners
• Challenging processes requiring regular removal of the rupture disc and holder assembly for inspection
• Applications requiring leak testing of the rupture disc assembly prior to installation in the piping system
NOTE: Pre-torqued holder designs may vary depending on bolting class and size.
• Allows a precise torque load to be applied in the controlled environment of a workshop prior to installation
• Maintains precise loading of the rupture disc where poor flange alignment and gasket cold flow may be an issue
• Pre-torqued holder screws are protected with coating to prevent wear, sticking and galling of the screws, and provides corrosion resistance
Nominal Size Range: 1" - 12" (25mm - 300mm)
Burst Pressure Range: 0psig - 0psig (0barg - 0barg)
Recommended Operating Ratio: % of the rupture disc's rated (stamped) burst pressure.
Seating Configuration: Flat Seat
Service: Liquid or Gas
B.D.I.® Alarm System Compatible?: No
ASME Code Symbol Stamp Available? : No