• Tantalum rupture disc material for corrosion protection
• 316 SS standard outlet ring material, Hastelloy C®, Tantalum and other materials available upon request
• Cyclic durability designed for a minimum of 1,000 cycles from full vacuum to the maximum recommended operating pressure
• 90% maximum recommended operating ratio** (see note)
• Safety ratio of 1 to 1 or less. If the rupture disc becomes damaged, it will relieve at or below the burst pressure
• Ideal for liquid or gas/vapor applications*** (see note)
• Non-fragmenting design
• Fluoropolymer liner is available for corrosion protection on the process side of the rupture disc* (see note)
• Fluoropolymer outlet protective cover available for corrosion protection on the vent side of the rupture disc and holder
• ASME Code Section VIII, Division 1 compliance available when requested. National Board Certified KR flow resistance values when installed in the HPX Insert and HPX-PT (Pre-Torqued) Holders: KRG (gas) = 0.29 and KRL (liquid) = 0.38
• Available option: Cleaned for oxygen or chlorine service
• In compliance with the Dodd-Frank Act, our Tantalum is procurred from conflict-free smelters
* Fluoropolymer liners are available on the process side of the rupture disc for:
1”, 1 ½” discs rated > 30 psig @ 72°F
2” - 12” discs rated > 25 psig @ 72°F
**RATINGS, RANGES, TOLERANCES & MAXIMUM RECOMMENDED OPERATING RATIOS The HPX®-Ta Rupture Disc is available with the same ratings, ranges, tolerances and maximum recommended operating ratios as the (-90) version of the HPX® Rupture Disc. For details, please see the HPX® Product Family Standard Burst Pressure Ratings section of the HPX® Product Family literature.
***To optimize service life and rupture disc performance, Continental Disc Corporation manufactures and tests each HPX®-Ta Rupture Disc order for compressible or incompressible relief conditions as required by your application. HPX®-Ta Rupture Discs manufactured and tested only for compressible (gas/vapor) relief conditions may not function properly in an incompressible (liquid) application. Please state in your specifications and orders if a scenario exists for relief of incompressible media or if relief conditions exist only for compressible media.
Nominal Size Range: 1" - 12" (25mm - 300mm)
Burst Pressure Range: 10psig - 800psig (0barg - 55barg)
Recommended Operating Ratio: 90%% of the rupture disc's rated (stamped) burst pressure.
Seating Configuration: Flat Seat
Service: Liquid or Gas
B.D.I.® Alarm System Compatible?: Yes
ASME Code Symbol Stamp Available? : Yes